Is your career fulfilling, engaging and meaningful? Do you feel energized and enthusiastic to go to work each day? Is your work/life balance allowing you to spend quality time with your family, friends and giving you enough “me” time? Can you see your career taking you into the twilight years of your retirement with satisfaction, ease and contentment?
Or, are you tired, burned out and trapped by the golden handcuffs of your career? Feeling disillusioned and unappreciated in the workplace where you spend more time with peers than at home or with family and friends? Expected to be on call or replying to corporate demands 24/7, but not feeling free to reap the benefits of your hard work and long hours?
If any of this resonates for you, a solution to end the executive suffering is right here. You can start proactively and strategically creating a more positive career future today using my expertise as a career professional who has helped 100’s of clients for almost a decade.
What is Career Counselling/Coaching?
Career counselling/coaching is a process where you partner with a qualified career professional to help with various aspects of your career where you may be having problems or difficulty. The problems or difficulty may be affecting personal areas of your life. Everyone has different reasons for seeing a career professional; some common themes include (but are not limited to):
- feeling burnt out and that you have no work/life balance to enjoy family, friends, hobbies or have downtime
- being at a crossroads in your career, and needing to make a significant decision about what to do next
- determining your career direction when you have a generalist background or an eclectic range of skills
- being unhappy at work and seeking career satisfaction including a role that is meaningful and allows you to feel personally fulfilled and engaged
- improving interpersonal and communication skills to assist with better interactions with peers at work
- to help manage stress and improve efficiencies and performance in your career
- assistance with job search techniques such as re-branding including resume writing, interview skills, networking and tapping into the hidden job market
- returning to studies and help choosing subjects to study that will focus on new a career direction
The Process in a Nutshell
The career professional will work with you using a customized process employing tools, techniques, and assessments to help address your career issue. Trust and rapport with the career counsellor/coach you choose are very important as career issues can also touch on personal themes.
At Life Career Studio, when clients are faced with the challenge of a career dilemma, I will facilitate, and collaboratively assist you in finding a direction that best fits your lifestyle and values.
Ready for Positive Change in your Life and Career?
Learn more about the successful techniques to help you explore and/or find answers to questions about your career and start improving and enhancing your career outlook. Contact me today for a complimentary 5 to 15-minute phone consultation. There is no obligation to book an appointment, and together we can determine if our services can be of benefit to you. Offices are in New Westminster and Downtown Vancouver or phone and video sessions are offered for your busy lifestyle, wherever you live or work.