21-1-21 INTENTIONS WORKSHOP
Ready for a New You in the New Year?
Join my experiential online workshop via Zoom to:
Set your 2021 Intentions!
Thursday, January 21 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm PST
CAD$21.00 + GST*
Contact Rachel for more information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +1-604-762-6756
Limited spaces available.
All registrants will receive an edited recording of the event week later.
My thoughtful husband knows I have a daily journalling practice, so for the holidays, he gifted me a magazine called, Magnolia Journal. He likes to add such gifts to my stocking. It is a lovely magazine and I had not seen it before. Also, a welcome respite from all the screen work especially during 2020. It is full of topics I find interesting and enjoy, but a section called, Workbook Reflections really appealed to me. It is called Hindsight is 2020. Pretty clever, right? And it has six questions to reflect upon over the past year and to prepare for 2021. I was excited to do this with my husband before the New Year. And, from this exercise, in conjunction with attending a 3-day online Qigong event that included meditations, movement and music, my 2021 intention was revealed to me. This is my year of Living Fearlessly! To take more risks and Do One Thing Every Day that Scares Me. I will have to keep you posted on how that is going for me.
As a result of the process that led to my husband and me discovering our respective intentions for 2021, I thought it would be lovely to offer this opportunity to others.
If you have not had time to reflect on how you would like to show up in 2021, I warmly invite you to join me for this time together that, being guided through some questions for reflection of 2020 and preparation for 2021. The questions are inspired by the article in Magnolia Journal. If you have already created your 2021 intention, you may wish to use this time to deepen the relationship with your intention as you share and discuss with others who value meaningful connections.
The evening will also include:
Intentions are not like resolutions or goals. Those can be helpful for some, but intention to me is a gentler focus and guides me in what I will attend to or let go of as I move through my day. During my daily journalling practice, I set a daily intention that I find supports me. Having the 2021 intention adds another quality to howI endeavour to be mindful and attentive to my thoughts, behaviours and actions.
We are still in the first month of the new year, so allow yourself to take some quiet and heart-centered time with like-hearted souls to create the 2021 that you desire.
Guidelines for the workshop:
– As this online interactive workshop is on Zoom, your participation via video and audio will be required to create a sense of safety and mutual respect for everyone as we connect in this virtual space.
– The workshop will also be recorded in the main room for the practices I will be guiding, but the breakout rooms will not be recorded.
– An edited version of the workshop (removing participant feedback for confidentiality) will be made available a week after the event to participants.
Here are some suggestions to consider if you are new to video conferencing:
1. You will need to turn on your video and audio to join the call.
2. Please mute when you are not speaking to keep audio feedback to a minimum (the facilitators will also mute you if you forget).
3. If you would like to acknowledge someone speaking, you are welcome to nod, shake your head, give a thumbs up (or maybe down), wave or other gesture – ideally respectful :-D.
4. Depending on the number of participants, we will experiment with having each person un-mute themselves to speak.
5. You are welcome to use the chat feature to share info as necessary, but please use it sparingly as it can be distracting.
6. Please find a quiet place with minimal distractions to Zoom from if possible.
7. Using headphones can also be helpful to minimize ambient sounds and noise.
*If you are new to Zoom and would like help to set it up to join this workshop, please email me directly no later than Tuesday, January 19 so I can send you information and assist if necessary.